Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An Introduction to My Cuisine

After talking and talking about how this blog would incorporate some culinary topics (I even have a "Cuisine" page, for Pete's sake), the day has finally arrived. I will be posting on the food that I order or make. The follow is just an appetizer...

What you see above is one of my favorite things to make: fried rice. I made some earlier tonight actually, but forgot to photograph my progress until it was too late. My fried rice is much healthier than at restaurants because I use little oil and salt, lots of vegetables, and a good balance of protein. The above was a seafood attempt with carrots, lettuce (weird, I know), crab imitation, eggs, onions and rice (duh). It takes very little time to make fried rice, and you can use almost anything at hand. I will try to remember to document next time.


As a firm believer in the importance of a sizable breakfast, I like to prepare it when I have the chance. This is normally on weekends. What you see above is scrambled eggs, with blueberry waffles, fresh blueberries, and a glass of iced cranberry-apple juice. As you can see, I took this picture just as I was finishing (maybe I felt famished that morning...). The whole thing took about 5 minutes to prepare --waffles were frozen Eggo waffles-- and tasted good. A little high on the sugar perhaps.

So there you have it, a quick introduction to my culinary skills. They are not awesome (though I like to think so) but I can prepare a variety of different foods. Stay tuned for future posts on my cuisine -- which is very suitable for young professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment